Certified Massage Therapist
Rushing Waters Therapy, LLC is looking for experienced, knowledgeable, passionate, certified massage therapists to join their practice in Northern Virginia. Rushing Waters Therapy is an On-Demand Clinical Massage Therapy organization specializing on Senior Living. The position will perform professional, therapeutic massages to chronic pain management at the Senior Living Centers. You are invited to read more at www.RushingWatersTherapy.com
MISSION: To enhance and improve the physical, mental and emotional well-being of our patron through the delivery of clinical massage excellence, extraordinary service and kindhearted care.
- Coordinating massage schedule and setup in advance of massage sessions to optimize privacy for the massage environment.
- Conducting pre-massage interview to assess patron needs with consideration of any special precautions or contraindications related to physical condition and determine appropriate massage modality.
- Administering pre and post massage symptom evaluations as program requires.
- Documenting massage and recommendations by keeping detailed SOAP notes.
- Performing follow-up appointments with therapeutic massage treatments by providing appropriate recommendations for self-care to patron, within the customary scope of practice for a certified massage therapist.
- Providing compassionate and professional customer service and performing other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Successful applicant must have the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through the completion of an accredited massage therapy certificate program requiring a minimum 500 hours instruction plus supervised clinical hours. Must be certified by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) or the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). Personal liability insurance is required for employment. Our Therapists will follow all standards of ethical and professional practices provided by the FSMTB or the NCBTMB.
- Requires current CPR certification or arrangements to be certified within the first three months of employment.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse group of patrons and massage partners in a professional, courteous, friendly and ethical manner.
Working Conditions: Massages are provided in a quiet setting at different Assisted Senior Living locations or units. Chair massages are provided in public areas such as visitor waiting rooms, staff lounges. Miscellaneous supplies such as face cradle covers, massage lotion, hand sanitizer and polo shirts are provided by Rushing Waters Therapy. Therapists can provide appropriate relaxation music/equipment according to personal preference. Requires the ability to work flexible hours.
Contact Information: (571) 293-0147