Position Title: Massage Therapist
Department: Fitness Center
Reports To: Fitness Director, Assistant Fitness Director
Supervises/Direct Reports: N/A
Under the direction of the Fitness Director, the Massage Therapist will provide high quality massage services for the Members of Columbia Country Club.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to policies of the facility at Columbia Country Club
- Ensures the best possible experience for members and guests by maintaining the standards set.
- Reports any incident or accident to the Fitness Director.
- Helps ensure facility is only accessed by members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Provide high quality massage services with knowledge of a variety of massage techniques including Swedish and Deep Tissue.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of each client that may prevent service from taking place.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all massage therapy services presently offered.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based on current certifications.
- Track all of their massages sessions in the client tracking log.
- Schedule all appointments with their clients and follows through.
- Notify cancellations or time changes 24 hours or more in advance to the client and Fitness Director.
- Maintains contact with clients to build strong relationships with them.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback. Reports these comments to the Fitness Director.
- Responsible for the set-up and clean-up of each session according to procedure including:
Refill lotions and oils
Wipe down sandals given to clients
- Offers suggestions to clients about other beneficial treatments offered in massage therapy.
- Understands the massage products used and can explain their benefits to the clients. Answers clients questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Bring audio for each massage.
- Informs Fitness Director of product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility.
- Track inventory quarterly and report to Fitness Director.
- Participates in facility events, activities, and seminars when directed by management.
- Completes other appropriate tasks that the Fitness Director assigns.
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications
- Must maintain the State of MD Massage License and Registration
- Must maintain current nationally recognized therapeutic massage certification such as NCBTMB
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests
- Experience in a variety of massage techniques including Swedish and Deep Tissue preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Excellent customer service skills and experience, preferably in a spa
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Strong team player
Permanent Part-time Non-exempt